Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Weekly Wednesday Inspiration #39

By Jaime Willis

Last week, I had the awesome privilege of attending Camp Mighty.  While I can't wait to share all of the stories I have from that great experience, I wanted to give you a brief preview of one of the inspirational speakers I saw there.

Kenna, a grammy-nominated musician, born in Ethiopia and raised in Virginia Beach, Va, was inspired to do something BIG for clean water a few years ago.  When Kenna goes big, he goes BIG.  Check out the climb he put together with 42 people, including actress Jessica Biel, to climb Mt. Kilimanjaro to raise money & awareness for clean water. (Seriously -- the web page reenacting the climb is AWESOME).

Hear from Kenna why clean water is so important to him.


Hear from Water.org cofounder Matt Damon on the water crisis:

If this story inspired you like it did me, consider liking Water.org and Charity:Water on Facebook, donating money, spreading the word about the world water crisis, or volunteering your time!

1 comment:

  1. So glad you could be a part of this and share it with us!! :)

    ReplyDelete