Tuesday, September 27, 2011

I Am A Creative Genius

-by Matt Leedham

No, I didn’t figure out the meaning of life (although I might be close). No, I didn’t discover a cure for cancer. No, I didn’t invent the next Facebook, or build a new Taj Mahal, or stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

I just am who I am. And who I am is a creative genius.

Don’t believe me? Frankly, that is of little importance. What matters is that I believe it and choose to live that way.

This past weekend, I spent 30 hours with some incredible people. We found ourselves on a train to Whoville. That’s our way of describing the process of getting to know who you really are. The ‘what’ and the ‘how’ in life pales in comparison to the ‘who.’ And when the ‘who’ becomes clear to you, the ‘how’ and the ‘what’ seem to take care of themselves.

My process for discovering this was simple, but not easy. It was emotional, yet completely logical. It was straight-forward and indirect at the same time. The truth of the matter is, I didn’t know what it was, but knew it all along.

This post may be confusing to you, but it makes perfect sense to me. My commitment to you going forward is to reveal the truth and be who I am. I think you’ll receive a lot more value out of that anyway. Thanks for bearing with me!




4 comments: