Friday, December 16, 2011

What's Your Superpower?

-by Matt Leedham

Su-per-pow-er (noun) \ˈsü-pər-ˌpau̇(-ə)r\
A power greater in scope or magnitude than that which is considered natural or has previously existed.

My superpower is creative logic. I know that sounds weird, but creativity is one my greatest strengths, yet I have a very strong sense of logic and can systematically turn an abstract (or creative) idea into a defined action plan and process.

Most superheroes have a team of super friends. They don’t need these other superheroes but they choose to surround themselves with friends that have complimentary superpowers. Together, they are a juggernaut, or an unstoppable force for good (usually).

Years ago, I discovered the importance of complimenting your skill set. That’s why Jaime and I have banded together.

But a few months ago, we discovered that growing the Superhero Alliance does not just add more individual superpowers, but it exponentially increases our superpower options and collectively creates an entirely NEW superpower.

Jaime and I are excited to unveil the next big development in Velocity’s future. We have partnered with a couple of amazing superheroes to expand our services and exponentially grow our impact. The project we have in development is SUPER exciting and is focused on sustainable change and personal growth. Both this project, and our new website will released in early January. Get excited!

What’s your superpower? What are your unique gifts and talents? Have you surrounded yourself with super friends that compliment your superpower?

And most importantly, how are you using your superpower to change/save/improve the world?

2 comments:

  1. Good topic, Matt. I've been using the super hero analogy quite a bit recently. My superpower is trustworthiness. People seem to get comfortable with me easily and in a very short space of time they open up to me. They tell me their secrets and allow me to walk around in their hearts. I get to see their deepest pain. What they don't realize is that while I'm there I'm looking for the super powers they don't know they have so I can show them how to become super heros themselves.

    And yes, my own Justice League is coming together nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trustworthiness rocks! Glad you are in touch with that superpower - you will help many people with it.

    The Justice League?? I'm intrigued! :-)

    ReplyDelete