Monday, August 29, 2011

Lost my Mojo

-by Jaime Willis

"Should you find yourself on a chronically leaking boat, energy devoted to changing vessels is likely to be more productive than energy devoted to patching leaks." -Warren Buffett

So, I wrote a whole post this morning, but obviously you didn't see it. I re-read it, as I always do before posting (lest the grammar police arrest me), and just didn't like it. I told Matt I was going to hold off on posting until later today to see if I could get some better blogging mojo.


And, truthfully, that is what is on my mind today. Mojo. Energy. The ability to power up and through your day effectively. Right now, I just don't feel like I have it. Life has been busy, but my life usually is. When I get busy, usually the first thing out the window is exercise. Next, healthy eating, followed quickly by lack of sleep. Then comes lethargy, hand-in-hand with lack of ambition, and next thing you know I'm getting irritated too easily and then feeling blah about life.

Sound familiar?


I was talking to a client this weekend about time management. One strategy the client talked about using was reminding herself why she was doing the work she was doing, to ensure that her plan for the day was aligned to her values. This will make it more likely that your day's activities are a "want to do" list instead of a "have to do" list.

I'm going to wake up tomorrow morning and prime myself to have the day I want to have -- good night's sleep, eating well, a plan to exercise, and high energy. It's time to hit reset!


"Passion is energy. Feel the power that comes from focusing on what excites you." -Oprah Winfrey

No comments:

Post a Comment