Friday, June 17, 2011

TGIF: Jihan Cover

TGIF:
This Goal Is Finished

Good morning achievers! Hope you've had a wonderful week!

If this is your first time on our website, welcome. Velocity is about helping you find and achieve your passion through personal goal setting. You can find out more about us by clicking on any of these links.
You can sign up for our weekly inspirational newsletter by clicking the button to the right.

After you read about our latest achiever, If you want to know more about coaching and why you might need a coach, check out our coaching page.  

The Achiever


Hi! :) My name is Jihan Cover (pronounced Gee-Han).  I’m a 32 year old wife, mother, and aspiring life coach! Come visit me at www.facebook.com/coachjihan.

The Goal

My goal was to start my coaching business and get my first real client!

Why This Goal?

I wanted to get my first client because I felt like it made the whole purpose of becoming a coach REAL. Its one thing to have a website, Facebook page, etc...its a whole other thing to actually IMPACT people and have someone really want to work with you as THEIR COACH!!

The First Step

The first step I took was to start a Facebook fan page for my coaching business. I am in the midst of starting an actual website as well, but I knew that a website would be more work for me personally and I did NOT want to put things off so I created a facebook fan page and ran with it.

Challenges

A huge challenge for me is time/choice management. I work full time outside of the coaching field as I continue to build my practice and I'm also a mommy to a 3 year old, who takes up a lot of time :).

Jihan and her son JT, her cutest time commitment.

I decided that I had to CHOOSE to put time into networking and spreading the word of my business. I had to CHOOSE to offer complimentary sessions and put myself out there so that potential clients could get to know me.


Staying Motivated

I keep reminding myself what my big picture goal is (to build a full-time coaching practice). There are many days when I’d really rather take a nice nap instead of work on my business after a full day of work. And then I remember that its MY business. If I dont get it out there, who will???

Who Helped?

The most important resource for me right now aside from myself is Facebook!! Since I’m still building my website, I’ve utilized Facebook as my own little coaching world. I’ve connected with SO many people and I find its a great place to put information out as well as network.


TGIF – Celebrate!

I was so excited when my first client booked me I told everyone I knew! :)

Advice

GO FOR IT. I started the page and just put it out there that I was starting this business before I even realized what I was doing! I just WENT for it. Before I knew it I had people actually liking my page and asking for complimentary coaching sessions. I met my first client after she came to my page and liked what she saw!!

What’s Next?

Next I will be focusing on building my website and starting a blog. I am also looking at establishing some coaching partnerships as well as putting together some group coaching workshops. And I would love to get more clients (editor update: at the time of this writing, Jihan has already booked her second client!)






3 comments:

  1. Nichole M (Proud USMC Wife)June 17, 2011 at 3:30 PM

    I have known Jihan for several years. We initially met at work and quickly became friends. Even though she is only a couple years older then me, I look up to her and feel like she is not just a friend, she is an amazing person! She has the best advice and outlook on absolutely any topic you can throw her way. She is understanding and forgiving and kind. I can't say enough good things about her. Even though she has officially booked her second client, I would say she has had impact on hundreds of people and has been a life coach all along! I love you girl and so lucky to know you! You have absolutely helped me more then I could ever explain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have know Jihan since she was a five year old shy girl. She has grown into a beautiful, caring woman who has learned to go after the stars. Our relationship started as me as the coach and her as the student and now the student has become the teacher. No matter your situation, Jihan, will help you through it. Pat P.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had direct experience with Jihan about a year ago. She told me I should not accept a situation, insisted on helping me deal with it, and saved me about $800. Although I'm not known for my passivity, I was giving up this one without a fight. And I'm so glad she didn't let me. Let this woman work for you ... she knows what she's doing.

    ReplyDelete