Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Weekly Wednesday Inspiration #27

-by Jaime Willis

As you may know, Matt and I committed to running a triathlon several months ago. Last week, two of the folks we were supposed to be running with dropped out. I have not been as diligent in my training as I could be, and Matt and I were discussing whether or not I should go to Luray this weekend or just wait and train better for the next one.

Even if I "fail" (which to me means I cannot finish the race -- either because I get swept off the course for time, am injured, or my bike breaks), I want to be able to say that I tried. And if I don't "fail," that will be one more chink in my armor of "look what happens when you don't stand in your own way."

This photo below is pretty appropriate, so I thought I'd share it for my Wednesday Inspiration.



I'm taking a chance on this triathlon this weekend. I'll report back, good or bad, next week. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment