Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Weekly Wednesday Inspiration #23

-by Matt Leedham

A few years ago, I found myself on a ranch in the hill country of Texas. A gentleman I know well handed me a six shooter and said with a bit of a twang, "Remember, never point a gun at something you don't intend to shoot."

Years later, strangely, I found myself at a shooting range in Philadelphia. The instructor said with a bit of northeast accent, "Rule #1 is, keep the gun pointed downrange. Rule #2 is, don't point the gun anywhere but downrange. And Rule #3 is, aim at the target...which is downrange."

Today, I think about those instructions and chuckle as I coach clients.

The target is in front of you. Stay focused and look that way. As Mr. Thoreau tells us, the only advantage of looking back is if you plan to go that way.

Have a great week.





No comments:

Post a Comment