Friday, June 24, 2011

TGIF: Athlete Goal Review

TGIF:
This Goal Is Finished

Good morning achievers! Hope you've had a wonderful week!

If this is your first time on our website, welcome. Velocity is about helping you find and achieve your passion through personal goal setting. You can find out more about us by clicking on any of these links.
You can sign up for our weekly inspirational newsletter by clicking the button to the right.

If you want to know more about coaching and why you might need a coach, check out our coaching page.

This week, we are shaking things up and offering you a recap of all of the amazing achievers we've had so far that have complete athletic goals.  To read more about any of these achievers, go directly to their interview by clicking on the links below.

Have a great weekend and PLAY BIG!



The Goal
The goal was to lose weight and get physically healthy, which included running our first race.

The First Step
The first step was actually getting out of the house and onto the treadmill. We researched a variety of plans and both opted to try the couch to 5k. I’m not sure either of us completed the training program as it was laid out, but it got us out and moving for the first month.




The Goal
My goal was to continue to stay physically active by running despite my visual impairment. For me, this means going for a run 5-6 times per week, at distances of 4-6 miles.

The First Step
When my vision got significantly worse in my early 30’s, I desperately wanted to stay active. I began to do Thai Chi. This really helped me get through the hard times and relieve the stress related to being disabled.



The Goal
To run a half-marathon (13.1 miles). This was a stepping stone goal to a 21-mile race that is coming up.

The Update!
Since we interviewed her, Avery has completed the Big Sur 21 mile race! Way to go Avery!




 
The Goal
My primary goal was to complete a sprint triathlon with a distance of 400 yards swimming, 12 mile biking, and 5K running. My secondary goal was not to be last!

The First Step
The very first step for me was to actually sign up for the race. Once you make that commitment and register, it’s very hard to back out.


The Goal
My goal was to train for and run a half marathon with Team in Training (TNT) by the end of 2011. By training with TNT I had the secondary goal of successfully fundraising $1,500 for The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society (LLS).

The First Step
Research!

The Goal
My goal was to finish a marathon (26.2 miles) in under 4 hours.

The First Step
The first thing I did was register for the race and booked my plane ticket. If you pony up the cash and put an event on your calendar, it becomes VERY difficult to back out. Think about it – you would lose money, have to make a bunch of phone calls, and tell everyone that plans changed. Once I commit to something like this, it’s on. That’s it. Get out of the way because I’m making it happen.


The Goal
In 2009, I made a commitment to compete in and complete the Waikiki Rough Water Swim. This is a 2.35 mile swim in the open waters of the Pacific Ocean along Waikiki Beach in Oahu, Hawaii.

The First Step
Committing to a public event, race or competition and putting it on your calendar is the best way to get out of inertia and into motion.

No comments:

Post a Comment