Thursday, March 31, 2011

What's Your Mantra?

-by Matt Leedham

Don't stop. Just keep moving.

That’s my mantra. It came from a time of great physical struggle for me. It helped me through to such an extent that I’ve adopted for the rest of my life.

Mantras are sounds, syllables, words, or groups of words that are considered capable of creating transformation (Wikipedia).

But what’s funny is that sometimes we can forget about our mantras. We can forget that we have a built in mechanism for carrying on. In times that we need it most, we often neglect to turn to our mantra.

Today was one of those days for me. I needed to hear myself say it. Don't stop....just keep moving.

What’s your mantra?

1 comment:

  1. I like to quote Dorie from "Finding Nemo" when life gets tough: "Just keep swimming!"

    ReplyDelete