Friday, July 1, 2011

TGIF: Business & Career Achievers

TGIF:
This Goal Is Finished

Good morning achievers! Hope you've had a wonderful week!

If this is your first time on our website, welcome. Velocity is about helping you find and achieve your passion through personal goal setting. You can find out more about us by clicking on any of these links.
You can sign up for our weekly inspirational newsletter by clicking the button to the right.

If you want to know more about coaching and why you might need a coach, check out our coaching page.

This week, we are shaking things up and offering you a recap of all of the amazing achievers we've had so far that have completed business or career goals.  To read more about any of these achievers, go directly to their interview by clicking on the links below.




The Goal
My goal was to start my own coaching business and get my first real client.

The First Step
The first step I took was to start a Facebook fan page for my coaching business.






The Goal
My goal was to obtain a new job which provided me with the following: at least a $5,000 pay raise, comprehensive benefits to include dental and vision, one that provided me with a way to give back to the community, and be less of a commute than Annapolis to DC- all by September 2011.

The First Step
My first step was to reach out to Matt Leedham and have him review my resume. I knew it needed updating and some flair, which Matt was easily able to assist me with. This allowed me to go onto my next step of actually putting my resume out there to potential employment opportunities with confidence.


The Goal
Open a photography and film studio (and take over the world). 

The First Step
The first step was sitting down and dreaming about a better life with some friends of mine (Matt Peek and Robert Lamont).  A shared desire to have a designated workspace and a base of operations for all of our collective film and photo projects came to the surface as the three of us threw ideas around. 


The Goal
I ALWAYS wanted to have my own facility.  That facility would be one that elicited not only great results, but created an awesome environment in which NO ONE ever wants to leave. 

The First Step
Jumping in full throttle.  You see, I have worked for a big name training facility on the east coast, been a high school PE teacher and coach, helped create an education program for health club trainers, and been a trainer.  I have always had a roof to train under, but one that was not mine or in the mold I would want it to be in. 


The Goal
My goal, as a freshman in college, was to take my business, Peer2Peer Tutors, and turn it into a full-time job by college graduation.

The First Step
My first step was entering a business plan competition, and this was probably the hardest step!  I entered the competition my freshman year as a team of one -- the competition was open to undergraduates, graduates, and even NYU alumni.


The Goal
My goal was to sign a television/talent deal with a top production company, which I achieved within six months of setting my goal with arguably the top production company in the world. 

The First Step
The first step I took was to [speak] the fact that I would achieve this goal into existence. 

Update: Watch Paul this fall on Dr. Drew's Life Changers.



The Goal
My goal was to start a coaching/consulting company without taking out a loan so I could live my passion on a daily basis.

The First Step
I was sitting on my couch a few years ago, and I looked at my wife and I said, "I want to become a coach."  At that point, I didn't know much about executive coaching, nor did she, but she looked back at me and said, "If that's what you want to do, I will support you."

No comments:

Post a Comment