Monday, July 11, 2011

Still Processing...

By Jaime Willis

Matt and I are traveling today from Boston, where we just finished an amazing three days of coach training with 180 of our coach peers.  It was a fantastic training, and one, quite frankly, that I am still processing. I hope to be able to coherently pull together my thoughts for a "lessons learned" post later on this week.

For now, I am so grateful for the opportunity I had to meet all the wonderful people I met, I am amazed by all of the new insights I have for myself and our business, and I am so excited to get back into the "real world" and start seeing things happen.

Allow me to quote from another blog I read last night.  Glennon, who isn't in coach training, but is always learning on her own life journey, spoke so eloquently about "life purpose," I couldn't do a better job if I tried.

"My purpose in life is to try to see people more clearly so that in each moment I am becoming a more loving person. 
That’s all. 
My life’s purpose is not motherhood. That could be taken from me. It’s not wifedom- that could be gone in a second. It’s to love myself and my neighbors with growing passion and mercy. Parenthood and wifedom and teaching and friendship and Sisterhood and writing are just the training grounds that God has provided me to practice my purpose. To practice seeing more clearly, becoming more loving. This is what brings lasting joy, I think. Becoming less afraid of ourselves and each other by discovering that we are all One. And then, the lucky thing is that this peace and joy naturally make me a better mother and wife and Sister and neighbor and writer. Magic. 
... 
I think if we want to see miracles like this in our real lives . . . we just need to try harder with each other. We have to be careful with what we say to each other and we have to be careful about how we listen. We have to listen with our hearts instead of our heads. We have to want to understand each other, and we must refuse to be easily offended. We have to stop loving drama and start loving peace. And if we do this, we WILL see miracles in our relationships. We will start seeing more clearly and we will become more loving people. And this will bring us Joy and Peace. I know it. I’ve done the experiment."
You can read the whole post here.

Have a wonderful Monday & I'll "see" you back in DC soon!




No comments:

Post a Comment